4-H Camp Graham is located on 70 acres of rolling woodlands along Todd’s Fork in southwestern Ohio. Camp Graham is owned by the 4-H members in Clermont, Hamilton , Montgomery and Warren Counties. Campers from Clinton and Butler counties also enjoy their 4-H camps days at this facility.
In early 1951, an abandoned Sportsman Club near Clarksville on the border of Clinton and Warren Counties was selected as a site for the camp. A dedication ceremony was held on June 28, 1953 and construction began with the dining hall, kitchen, road and restroom buildings. Many volunteers helped to get this work done.
The first camp was held in the summer of 1954. The theme of the camp that season was “Our Diamond in the Rough”. 4-H members went into the new camp, although many of the facilities were not completed, and enjoyed the privilege of camping at their own camp for the first time. Tents were used for sleeping quarters and nearby Cowan Lake was the swimming beach.
In 1960, a “name the camp” contest was held. On July 10, 1960, a re-dedication ceremony was held to celebrate the official name as “4-H Camp Graham”, in tribute to the founder of 4-H in Ohio, A. B. Graham.
CLICK HERE to download an excerpt from “We Took to the Hills” written by former Warren County extension agent John Mowbray who broke ground for the dining hall at camp.